No matter how much time you spend on researching and educating yourself about your home purchase, it’s hard to cover every detail. Here are a few tips for avoiding rookie mistakes with your first home purchase.
1. Save as early as you can: Even if you think you’re years away from buying your first home, try to start saving for your down payment. It makes a huge difference in your monthly payments, and helps avoid paying Private Mortgage Insurance.
2. Be thorough with mortgage shopping: There are countless resources out there that can help you get the best terms for your mortgage. It may seem like a lot of work to shave less than a point off your mortgage rate, but it’ll save you thousands in the long run.
3. Consult a skeptic: You’re likely to fall in love with a home, and that can make it difficult to take problems seriously. Bring along a skeptical friend or family member who can give you an honest opinion.
4. Be patient with getting settled: You’ll be anxious to make your new home your own, but take some time to see how your budget truly shakes out. In other words, hold off on big furniture purchases and remodeling projects.
5. Make sure you’re happy with the neighborhood: The house may be perfect, but don’t discount the surroundings. You don’t want to end up in the suburbs if you’re going to miss walking to your favorite coffee shop, and you don’t want to settle for the city if you’re looking forward to some peace and quiet.
I can refer you to 3rd party independent mortgage loan officers who can assist you in applying for a mortgage. All you need to do is contact me.
Author:Marianne Princetta Phone: 864-908-1895 Dated: March 3rd 2016 Views: 290 About Marianne: ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
Trust eXp Realty and our team of real estate agents to help you find homes for sale or to sell your current home. We recognize the level of service that the mobile consumer demands. You have information. You have dreams. We possess experience, integrity, and innovation. Together we create leverage to make your dreams a reality.
Print out and save this guide to real estate terminology- I hope you f
"When I met Gene Donohue, he was only a Buyers Broker, but now over the past few years, he now has become Buyers/ Seller Broker. We will be selling our home soon and Gene will be selling it for us. Looking forward to same performance that we got when Buying a home
I have known Gene for over two years now and even today when I have questions about the market, he always is there to help me understand. I can't say anything other than everything above is Excellent.
Purchase price was right where we needed it to be. Inspection of the home was flawless. When we closed, Gene had put together a full portfolio for us of every transaction from first offer to getting the appraisal. Gene was well prepared for the closing. "